Edventure Labs Concept
1 Our Teaching Technique
Our techniques are based on proven methods of teaching, such as:
- Activity-based Learning
- Adaptive Learning
- Construction Principle (Constructivism)
- Discovery-based Learning
- Focused-Incremental Learning
- Peer-to-Peer Learning
- Progress Principle
- Pull-based Learning
2.1 Global teacher quality falling down
Though there has been constant increase in the enrollment of students in primary schools, however the quality of teachers is going down, defeating the purpose of all global developmental reforms (as reported by UNESCO 2012 UNRIC REPORT.) This indicates a clear gap between the range of educational needs and the available quality of teaching. Also, the number of students per teacher is also rising significantly, creating further problems.
2.2 School Dropouts
- Every year, over 1.2 million students drop out of high school in the United States alone. That’s a student every 26 seconds; 7,000 a day.
- More than a quarter of high school freshmen fail to graduate from high school on time.
- Only 58% of students in America's 50 largest cities make it to graduation.
- One in every four Hispanic youth drop out, and nearly half leave by the 8th grade.
- Dropouts make up nearly half the heads of households on welfare.
- In the U.S., high school dropouts commit about 75 percent of crimes.
3.1 “Learning” and “Fun” coming together
Besides the decrements & dearth of well trained quality teachers and constantly accruing school dropout rate, the monotony of the pedagogy has reduced the concept of learning to a sheer burden for the students.
Holistic learning in terms of comprehensiveness of the concept as well as the applicability of the same has been sacrificed due to highly structured & rote-learning oriented methods.
Learning in a semi-organized and simulating environment helps students not only understand the concept but also apply it with flexibility and a tinge of creativity.
Edventure Labs products have following benefits:
- Maintain the interest of the child due to the fun-factor plus enhance the learning.
- Help child to compete with one’s own standards and to develop an intrinsically motivated self-paced learning without the stress of competition or fear of inferiority.
- Ensure a follow-up system for parents that not only gauges the performance of the child but also gives “areas-of-improvement” specific reports for a regular progress track record.